lib_pypy/_marshal.py looks out of date for Python 3

lib_pypy/_marshal.py looks out of date for Python 3

Rocky Bernstein
A while back, in working on a cross-version python decompiler, I used PyPy's lib_pypy/_marshal.py.

Recently in doing work in writing a cross-platform a Python bytecode assember, I noticed what is in the py3.5 branch is a bit out of date for Python 3.

Specifically these types:

TYPE_REF             = 'r'  # Since 3.4
TYPE_ASCII           = 'a'  # since 3.4
TYPE_ASCII_INTERNED  = 'A'  # since 3.4
TYPE_SMALL_TUPLE     =  ')' # since 3.4
TYPE_SHORT_ASCII     = 'z'  # since 3.4
TYPE_SHORT_ASCII_INTERNED = 'Z' # since 3.4

In xdis, the cross-version marshal/unmarshal and opcode routines, I've started adding some of these.

Is lib_pypy/_marshal.py used? If so, shouldn't this be corrected?

Re: lib_pypy/_marshal.py looks out of date for Python 3

Armin Rigo-2
Hi Rocky,

On 10 July 2017 at 02:53, Rocky Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is lib_pypy/_marshal.py used? If so, shouldn't this be corrected?

I think it is not used, unless you translate a pypy without the
built-in marshal module---which you can't really do any more,
anyway...

I guess we should remove ``lib_pypy/_marshal.py`` and ``lib_pypy/marshal.py``.

Armin