Leysin Winter sprint

Armin Rigo-2
Hi all,

I'm trying to organise the next winter sprint a bit in advance.  It
might tentatively be occurring in March 2018.  If people have
preferences for the exact week, please do tell :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.

Re: Leysin Winter sprint

Antonio Cuni
Hi Armin,

I would probably be unable to come during the first two weeks of march, so for me the preference is basically "anything >= 15/03"

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Armin Rigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to organise the next winter sprint a bit in advance.  It
might tentatively be occurring in March 2018.  If people have
preferences for the exact week, please do tell :-)

A bientôt,

Armin.

Re: Leysin Winter sprint

Maciej Fijalkowski
Hi Anto

With the climate change >15/03 is not a very good winter sprint, is it?

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Antonio Cuni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Armin,
>
> I would probably be unable to come during the first two weeks of march, so
> for me the preference is basically "anything >= 15/03"
>
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Armin Rigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to organise the next winter sprint a bit in advance.  It
>> might tentatively be occurring in March 2018.  If people have
>> preferences for the exact week, please do tell :-)
>>

>> A bientôt,
>>
>> Armin.

Re: Leysin Winter sprint

Antonio Cuni
I don't know the exact climate of behavior of Switzerland, but in the past few winters in Italy it has basically been a lottery; you just don't know when it's going to be cold or to have snow. For example, last year I skied on snow which ranged from ok-ish to very bad from december to april, and then I found the best snow/climate of the season on 2 May.

But anyway, from my very personal point of view "sprint in Leysin with potentially higher temperatures" > "no sprint in Leysin" 😅

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Maciej Fijalkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anto

With the climate change >15/03 is not a very good winter sprint, is it?

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Antonio Cuni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> I would probably be unable to come during the first two weeks of march, so
> for me the preference is basically "anything >= 15/03"
>
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Armin Rigo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to organise the next winter sprint a bit in advance.  It
>> might tentatively be occurring in March 2018.  If people have
>> preferences for the exact week, please do tell :-)
>>

>> A bientôt,
>>
>> Armin.

Re: Leysin Winter sprint

Manuel Jacob

Between the second week of February and the first week of April I'm
mostly freed from regular university duties.  In the middle of March
would probably be most suitable for me.

I think it's fine if the temperatures are a bit higher (disclaimer: I'm
not planning to go skiing, I prefer hiking).

-Manuel