GIL removal

Brad Kish
The blog post on the GIL removal work seems to indicate that the work is gated on “interest of the community and the commercial partners”.

How is this interest going to be measured?

We use pypy in production at Arctic Wolf Networks, and have several cases where this change could benefit our use cases.

We would be interested in helping support this project.

Brad.

Re: GIL removal

Maciej Fijalkowski
Hi Brad

Thanks for your mail! We're pleased to hear that pypy is getting used
and is giving benefits :-)

The interest will be measured in "can we find someone to fund
$50/$100k proposal". We already have $15k backing plus $20k that we
have left over for STM. Can we find someone willing to fund the rest?
I'm more than happy to draft a contract (we have a commercial entity)
to work on that topic.

Best regards,
Maciej Fijalkowski